Summer is fun, but not always, especially if you will be bringing that extra souvenir with you from your latest beach escapade - sunburn! Yes, you can always worship the sun by baking yourselves in it to a golden tan but hey, you will never attain that J.Lo glow, and instead you'll probably get an angry red burn. And when you have it, here are some cool ways to ease that sunburn pain:
1. Cool Compress – soak a washcloth in cool water and apply it directly on sunburned areas. Don’t use ice.
2. Soak in a tub of cool water – avoid using soap as it can irritate and dry the skin.
3. Toss in some oatmeal
4. Pat on the aloe vera – the thick, gel-like juice of the aloe vera plant can take the sting and redness out of a sunburn especially if applied immediately to a new burn.
5. Drink up – it’s important to stay hydrated as you become easily dehydrated when you’ve got a bad sunburn
6. Chilled moisturizer – for cooler relief, chill moisturizer in the refrigerator before using